I am very excited to be a guest tutor at Lottie and Jakes Cakes. Please see my class details below
Class Date: 21st September
In this class I will be teaching you how to recreate a 2 tiered version of my vintage pink & black wedding cake. Learn the valuable skills of decorative piping with royal icing as used in this stunning and elegant design.
During this class you will learn how to:
- Fill & cover an 8” sponge cake. You will also be provided with a 5” dummy cake to cover and stack to create both tiers
- Dowel & stack cakes
- Make templates for piping details around the sides of tiers including making a template for piping straight rows of beads
- Make royal icing and how to make and use piping bags
- Use various piping nozzles to create royal icing decorations from simple to intermediate
- Use moulds to create decoration details
- Finish your cake with ribbon trims including trimming the cake drum
All materials and ingredients will be provided.
Refreshments provided throughout the day, please bring your own lunch.
Venue: Rivendell Village, White Horse Lane, Maldon, CM9 5QP
To book your place on this class please visit Lottie and Jakes Cakes